"Surfing, alone among sports, generates laughter at its very suggestion, and this is because it turns not a skill into an art, but an inexplicable and useless urge into a vital way of life." MATT WARSHAW. This explains my attempt at progression from kook to surfer, as well as my spiritual journey as a follower of Jesus Christ. Why should I, as one so small, have such an urge to encounter one so grand and powerful as God? Yet, seeking His face is vital to my life.

17 abril 2007

The Times

My television room is no longer mine. It is official. It is being converted into a nursery for our first child, and my nice comfy cadeira de papai is already in our much less comfortable bedroom. That is, there is not enough space in there for it. So, my life is different already. All of the jungle, scary mask type decorations are off the walls and shelves to make room for more baby friendly smiley plush toys and friendly looking dangerous animals like lions and zebras. I like them. They are all smiling. It's really nice and I think it will be a cozy happy place for my child (which we have another chance to find out the sex tomorrow).

I am saddened again by the sensless violence that occurs in my homeland. The last time I remember such a tragedy is when I was considering moving to Abilene, TX for college, and the violence occurred in a high school, and now, I am out of college and the violence occurred at a university. I don't know what to make of this.

Nenhum comentário: